Who doesn’t like a good laugh? We all do. Laughter makes us feel good, both physically and mentally. Why not have a month dedicated to enjoying laughter?
Health Benefits of Laughing
There have been many studies supporting the old saying that laughter is the best medicine. I think everyone can agree that mentally and emotionally laughter can do wonders. It brightens one’s mood. It gives them a more positive outlook on life. But it might do more for your physical health than anything else.
Having a sense of humor relieves stress within your body. That in turn relieves the stress on the individual organs of the body. Endorphins are released into the brain, and added oxygen is added to the blood. Overall, the entire body benefits when we laugh.
Plus, other people will like you better. Most people gravitate to those who make them smile. Have a sense of humor and let it flow out to those around you.
Where to Find a Laugh
It isn’t that hard to find a laugh, especially in today’s high tech world. You can find funny videos anywhere at anytime. Videos of children doing funny things, animals being hilarious, and people pulling pranks. I find a laugh by re-watching videos of my granddaughter eating a lime for the first time. Her facial expressions have me cracking up.
Watch old sitcoms that make you laugh. I Love Lucy gets me every time I watch it.
Play with your pets.
Hang out with friends.
Read a funny story.
Tell a joke.
You can find humor anywhere. At work, I like to bring in humor as some situations can be tense. So, when someone admits they made a mistake, I don’t get upset and yet. I note that it is good since we only flog on Tuesdays. I have several people now who laugh and say, “Thank goodness it’s not Tuesday.” You know who doesn’t have a sense of humor when they think you are serious. They have to be miserable people.
It’s up to you to bring that humor into your life.
How to Celebrate This Month
I’ve mentioned already how you bring humor into your everyday life. You have to look for it and embrace it. But sense this is National Humor Month, I’ll dive into more ideas to help you.
- April starts with April Fool’s Day. Pull some safe pranks. Find some ideas here — https://safety.lovetoknow.com/harmless-funny-pranks
- Get a daily joke. You can find apps to do this or websites that can send you a daily email.
- Tell that joke to others. I love to share jokes and watch people groan as they can’t fight the laughter especially on dumb jokes.
- Have a comedy night every night by watching funny movies or sitcoms with family or friends.
- Talk about old times that made you laugh. My children and I love to talk about things that were funny in our family’s past. We sometimes find ourselves doubled over in laughter as we remember.
- Make up stuff. Create your own language and try to stick with it. Make up a story with someone else and add comedy to it. Talk about what if scenarios.
Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seek for a healthier year simply by making laughter a big part of it. Take humor from April and spread it out over the year.