What Are Picture Writing Prompts?
A prompt is something that pushes you. A writing prompt is something that pushes you forward in your writing. A picture writing prompt is one that happens to be a picture.
In this piece, we are using the picture above. It is your prompt.
How to Use Writing Prompts
Take a look at the picture above. What do you see? There is so much more than just a picture of a cup of tea. There is a story or two behind this simple picture. Who is drinking it? Are they upset or happy? There is always something more to the story than what you see.
To help you see how this is possible, we have some story ideas that we have come up with. They are listed below and sorted by genre. See what you can add to them.
- Over a cup of tea, a man declares his love for a woman who is beyond shocked. Yet over the next few days with him not in her life after the rejection, she realizes how much she does care for him.
- A man and woman meet after their tea orders get mixed up when they’re reading at a coffee shop.
- Sitting outside a small cafe, a woman reflects on her life and her choices of tea while flirting with another customer.
- Unsuspectingly, one visits an elderly lady and drinks her tea. The wake up call is not pleasant.
- There is a killer at a coffee shop, and the next person to order tea will be his victim.
- There is something wrong with the tea a man got from this new tea store. He wakes up in a fog with a headache after drinking it. He goes to return the tea, but he finds the store no longer there. Is that the only effect of this strange tea?
- Three witches set around a table drinking their tea as they plot to take over the kingdom. What they don’t realize is there is a spy in their midst.
- This is magic tea. What does it do?
- Having a dragon for tea is stressful.
- Famous tea events.
- The origins of tea
- Pairing tea with foods
- A tea party of the Queen’s turns into a dramatic affair as the women discover who has really been seeing who.
- Tea time is the highlight of a day for one woman who is confined to her house. Through these events, she discovers the world outside her home.
- A young lady is being taught how to drink her tea. She finds it boring, but when she goes to tea at other homes she realizes that it forms a bond with the women.
Think outside the box. Make your possibilities ludicrous and you might find a wonderful story hiding there.